Wednesday 16 April 2014

Strawberry Buckwheat Oatmeal/Yogurt

I don't know what would be the right term for this meal… It has the grains that oatmeal usually does but it's entirely smooth like yogurt… But the taste is still a bit more "oatmealy" then "yogurty" if you know what I mean!

Oh, and it's also delicious (and insanely healthy!) while being completely raw!


Strawberry Buckwheat [raw, vegan] (serves 1)
      3/4 dl whole buckwheat groats (soaked in water during the night) (about 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp)
      100 grams strawberries, both frozen & fresh should be okay (I used frozen)
      3 fresh dates
      a dash of pure vanilla

Directions:
Drain the buckwheat groats well so that all the "slime" disappears then place them in a small mixer together with the dates, strawberries and the vanilla. Mix until desired consistency is reached. Some like their oatmeal with a little more texture but I mixed mine until it almost resembled yogurt!


I topped my raw oatmeal bowl with a banana, almond butter mixed with unprocessed cacao and homemade cashew milk. I also threw on some chia seeds and some shredded coconut! Unsurprisingly it was delicious and generally amazing! I just love raw food! It gives me all the energy in the world! 


Here we have a nutrition label for the entire recipe and
to me it looks just about excellent! 
Great amounts of fibre to keep you full until lunchtime!
Low fat which gives us the opportunity to drench it in 
chocolate sauce and nut butters!
A decent amount of protein that can easily be boosted with
another 5 grams via chia seeds, various nut butters or 
just chopped nuts in general! The choice is all yours!
Oh… and you'll also get all the vitamin C that you'll
be needing for the day!




No comments:

Post a Comment